Friday, October 15, 2010

Selling Out, Or At Least Trying To

After a scary extended period of 404 errors, TheLordGeekington.com is finally online! A custom domain gives me more options to play around with, but my true intentions are to get more serious about blogging. A post a month isn't satisfying for me, and presumably others, so now I'll attempt to have some form of output every day - starting next week. As for the content, I won't be reviewing recent publications (enough people do that already), and will focus instead on more obscure studies, whatever nature I stumble upon, interesting cryptozoological reports, and who knows what else in addition to the customary infrequent mega-post.

In order to recuperate the $10 annual fee, I've bitten the bullet and enabled adds. I have madcap dreams of not only getting my money back, but having enough for blog-relevant books and perhaps a professional Flickr account. I'm just hoping I won't be out ten bucks and need to revert back to the status quo.


As for what I'm working on now: sewer-dwelling turtles and attempting to identify this apparently invasive plant species, which is not kudzu or mile-a-minute vine:


4 comments:

Rich said...

Ten bucks isn't 'selling out', in my book. Now giving up on a professional job and applying to Taco Bell (as I did yesterday), now that's selling out.

Good luck with the mystery plant, and the new site. For my part, when blogs I follow move off of blogspot, it saddens me, because I am well aware of my own perilous attention, and I am honest enough to know I will rarely remember to go looking.

Caitling said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the ads google thinks will be appropriate for this blog.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this?
http://news.mongabay.com/2010/0921-hance_newgibbon.html

red bow tie said...

Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time.red bow tie